Fiancé Visa(K-1)

A U.S. fiancé visa, officially known as the K-1 visa, is a nonimmigrant visa that allows the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States for the purpose of getting married. The K-1 visa is designed to facilitate the reunion of engaged couples who intend to marry and reside together permanently in the United States. The process begins with the U.S. citizen petitioner filing Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This petition establishes the relationship between the petitioner and the foreign fiancé(e) and demonstrates the intention to marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s entry into the United States.

Once the USCIS approves the Form I-129F petition, it is forwarded to the U.S. embassy or consulate in the foreign fiancé(e)’s home country. The embassy or consulate will provide further instructions on the visa application process. If the visa application is approved, the foreign fiancé(e) will receive a K-1 visa stamp in their passport, allowing them to travel to the United States. Once in the United States, the couple must marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s entry. After marriage, the foreign fiancé(e) can apply for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident (green card holder) by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with the USCIS.

Throughout the entire process attorney Boora provides legal representation to address any challenges or issues that may arise from either the USCIS or U.S. embassy abroad. We advocate on behalf of our clients to ensure their rights are protected and to maximize the chances of a successful outcome.